What Are THC-Infused Drinks?
THC-infused drinks are any drink that has had consumable THC added to it. This has been an increasingly growing part of the cannabis market over the last few years and for good reason. Infusing THC into drinks had been extremely difficult in prior decades as THC is a fat-soluble substance. Fat and water don’t mix well and left the consistency and flavor of early drink options lackluster. However, weed science is a beautiful thing and within the last few years the community created a process to make THC water soluble. Consistency and flavor improved, and the market started to boom. More and more cannacurious people are starting to drink THC more than ever before. Drinking THC eliminates the social stigma of smoking while still providing the desired effect and is an inconspicuous way of intaking THC in social settings where you might not want that fact to be advertised.
So, why are THC drinks gaining popularity so rapidly?
- Everyone drinks something throughout their day and with water-soluble THC, any drink can be infused. That makes it quite possibly the most convenient way to intake THC.
- Drinking is more socially accepted than smoking. That is just a fact. You are far more likely to be judged for lighting up a joint than you are takin a sip of tea. Even if you are not an alcohol drinker you can sit back and have a cocktail with friends instead of having to go outside every so often to puff.
- It’s easier to control your dosage while drinking THC than it is while smoking THC. Which is why it’s so easy to go from cannacurious to cannaconsumer!
In summation, THC-infused drinks are easy to fit into your daily schedule, they are less stigmatized, and they are easier to dose.
What you need to know about water soluble THC.
Water-soluble THC is relatively new to the cannabis market and is quickly becoming a fan favorite. Before its invention, THC edibles were made with oil-soluble THC which left onset time unpredictable and dosage sometimes harder to control for the novice user. Without going all science geek, here are the things you need to know about water-soluble THC vs oil-soluble THC.
Absorption Rate is Higher. The bodies absorption rate of oil-soluble THC is 30%. Whereas the body’s absorption rate is 80% with water-soluble THC. Rather than being broken down by the stomach to be processed by the liver, water-soluble THC more efficiently soaks into your stomach lining when broken down.
Reduced Onset Times. As water-soluble THC is more efficiently absorbed, the onset time is naturally reduced. No more sitting around waiting for something to happen. Water soluble THC onset time is 10-15 minutes.
Potency Increase. With an 80% absorption rate, potency is also increased to around slightly over double, so tread lightly. If you normally take 10mg, start at 5mg.
Shorter Duration. As the body processes water-soluble THC very quickly, it also shortens the duration. In most cases, this is a wonderful thing. It makes it easy to zone in on what dosage is right for you and how often you can take those doses.
But Edible THC Doesn’t Affect me. This is the real game changer. Most people who want to enjoy edible THC but can’t, now can! Enzyme factors in the liver are the primary cause that some have never experienced edible THC. Since water-soluble THC isn’t processed by the liver, they can now take the ride they’ve always wanted.
Now that you’ve learned about water-soluble THC, it is time to expand your horizons. RiverBluff offers a unique selection of products to choose from. For the classic consumer, we offer our standard Delta 9 hemp-derived THC gummies. For those who prefer a beverage, we offer a host of lemonades. Lastly. For those who want their weed in everything we offer our most versatile products, our Simple Syrups. Become the weed chef you always wanted to be.
How to figure out the right dosage for you
Water soluble THC should be approached with care until you find the correct dosage for you. The standard beginner’s dosage is 5mg. More seasoned consumers are still cautioned to start smaller than their general dosage due to the quicker absorption rate of water-soluble THC. Below is a helpful chart to help you find the correct dosage for you. Or feel free to ask us via email/phone or at the store if you stop by for a visit!
1 teaspoon = 3.33 mg THC
½ Tablespoon = 5mg THC
2 teaspoons = 6.66mg THC
1 tablespoon = 10mg THC
1oz = 20mg THC
RBC PRODUCT LINEUP OF OUR SIMPLE SYRUPS
What is THC Simple Syrup and How Can I Use it.
RiverBluff’s hemp-derived D9 THC Simple Syrup is one of the most versatile cannabis products currently on the market. Using cutting-edge water-soluble THC, RiverBluff has made a sweetener to please the most sensitive pallets. Simple Syrups have been used in cocktails and culinary endeavors for over 150 years, and now with RiverBluff’s THC Simple Syrups you get to do all those things, but you’ll be high at the end.
So how do you use it? Most people use it as sweetener in common everyday drinks such as coffee or tea, but it can be used in so many more ways.
- Mocktails– Does your social circle like to drink but you feel out of place because you don’t? Our THC Simple Syrup makes any drink a party drink. From classy nonalcoholic martinis to iced drinks that will melt in your mouth.
- Make homemade chocolate syrup. You could have a glass of chocolate milk that gets you high. Pair it with the PB&J (keep reading) and your inner child will thank you.
- Baking- From frosting making to keeping layer cakes sweet and moist to brushing it on to a finished baked good of your choice. We have you covered.
- Sauce making*– If you like making homemade sauces that require sugar, our hemp-derived D9 THC Simple Syrup makes a good substitute. You ever have wings? You ever have wings with weed on them?
- Jelly and Jam making*– What could possibly be better in life than having a PB&J that gets you high. Sure, you’ll have to make jam or jelly, but wouldn’t it be worth it.
*For heated items such as sauces and jellies note that simple syrup should not be added until the cooling process. THC should not be heated above 220 and only over 200 for short amounts of time for best results.
RiverBluff’s hemp-derived D9 THC Simple Syrup opens you to a world of exploration when it comes to your THC consumption needs. It is a must have in any cannabis lover’s kitchen. From your daily coffee to punch, from something quick and on the go to the base of cooking adventures, RiverBluff’s Simple Syrup does it all!
Now Let’s Make a Drink
Obviously, you are on board with what RiverBluff’s THC Simple Syrups have to offer. You may have tried them in your tea or coffee but still want to venture outside your comfort zone. RiverBluff went on an extensive intergalactic search to find the person who could best bring our Simple Syrup to life, and well, he hired an ancient interdimensional wizard that exists outside of space and time to create the most mouthwatering THC concoctions existence will ever know! First, we give you a desert drink to be unrivaled. Behold Strawberry Smash!
Single serving size –24oz, serves 2-4 people
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- 1 can lemon lime soda
- 2oz (40mg) RiverBluff Simple Syrup of choice
- 4 Strawberries, hulled
- 2tbls lemon juice
- 2.5 scoop vanilla or strawberry ice cream
- 8 ice cubes
Blend ingredients until smooth and garnish with a strawberry slice (whip cream optional). The Strawberry Smash pairs well with Riverbuff’s hemp derived D9 Chocolate and unexpected adventures.
This drink is best served after dinner, preferably on a beach somewhere with a group of people you love, or after work while jamming on some Fortnite alone, or just before dinner when you know dinner will suck, or really anytime you want to put awesome in your mouth and catch a buzz. It is out of this world as is the wizard who concocted it, I believe. Will there be more concoctions to come? We have the wizard’s book. The question is do you want more. You want more?